Sustainably keep materials that can be reused, repurposed, or recycled out of landfills with increasing benefit to the State of California, the Residents of California, the Economy of California and the Environment of California.
- Increase the amount of waste diverted from California landfills
- Increase the amount of waste recycled
- Increase the recyclability of waste
- Increase the market opportunities for products from waste
- Create jobs in California
- Reduce transportation costs and environmental impact
- Identify additional opportunities for Californians to benefit – meaningful continuous improvement